I posted this picture over on Insta the other day and my inbox was flooded with questions on “How do I do this?” And let me just tell you how much I LOVE doing braids!! So I figured I would do a tutorial showing you exactly how I do it! When my hair was really long, braids were definitely my go to hairstyle and particularly the Dutch braid. I love Dutch braids so much more than a regular braid because the braid is on the outside! It gives the braid so much more depth and you can see it much better than a regular french braid! So they are my favorite to do and seriously so easy!!! This braid takes me maybe 1 minute to do! So once you get the hang of it, you can do this to!
So I did an IGTV video over my insta, but wanted to post it here as well!! It did give me a little trouble uploading, so hopefully you guys can still see it here below! If you can’t view it, visit my insta HERE for the full length video!
I promise you it really is so easy to do!
- Part your hair on one side. Grab a small section of your hair and separate it into 3 sections.
- Take the piece closest to your face and put it under the middle piece and move the middle piece to the front. Then grab another piece of hair and add it to the middle piece you just moved to the front.
- Then take that piece from the back and put it underneath the middle braid. Then add hair from the back to that new back piece.
- Then you just continue to do this, adding pieces UNDERNEATH the next piece. So you flip your wrists upwards towards each other instead of downward!
- Once the braid is complete, then you just pull the pieces out to create a thicker braid.
- Then just pin it to the back This will definitely help you if you have thin hair and want to create that thickness!
If you want to do this to your entire hair, you just keep pulling pieces of hair from behind and adding pieces of hair to the main braid. This was my go to hairstyle when it was longer and they always turn out so pretty! But if you want just the half way, then this video is the way to go to start with for sure!!!
If you try this out, I would love for you to post below!